VonChris Drew (PhD)/ 23. October 2022
The teachers have worked hard this year. It's been a tougher year than most for teachers as they adjust to new rules about maintaining safe distances between teachers and students.
So it's a great idea to send your professor a thank you note to let them know their hard work has been noticed. Below are my top 12 handwritten thank you notes for this crazy 2021 school year.
Best Teacher Thank You Messages for 2022
|what are you thankful for||Thank you teacher message|
|her leadership||Thank you for your kindness and guidance this week as you have helped us feel comfortable in the classrooms after a difficult summer.|
|calm minds||This year has been so uncertain and difficult for everyone. I want to thank you for helping us put our minds at ease as we head back into the 2022 school year.|
|your hard work||I can only imagine that it was an incredibly difficult year for you to prepare. I would like to send a quick message to let you know that we appreciate everything you have done for us this first week and look forward to having you as our teacher in 2022!|
|support teachers||We were really nervous about going back to school this year but you have been such a supportive teacher and now we are really looking forward to next year with you!|
|Go beyond||Wow, you did everything you could to make the transition back to school as stress free as possible this week. I'm sure it hasn't been easy for you, so I'm really grateful for your help this week.|
|Your child's excitement||My daughter comes home from school so excited from her new teacher. Thanks! It's amazing to see the joy of learning written all over her face.|
|Adaptation to new teaching requirements||With the new classroom design requirements this year, it must have been a particularly difficult start to the year for you. Thank you for making things a little easier for the rest of us!|
|Bring smiles to students' faces||Thank you Mrs Jones for putting smiles on the children's faces this year. With the new changes for this new school year, it's been great to see how you've been able to adapt while still keeping your focus on the students.|
|Good social experience for a toddler||After a long time without social interaction with other children, we were very concerned that our son might go back to school. When he came home with stories about how much fun he was having, we were so relieved. Thank you for making him feel at home at school!|
|Would you like to offer them your support?||I just wanted to send you a quick message to let you know that we understand how difficult this first week must have been for you. Thank you and if there is anything we can do to help please do not hesitate to contact us.|
|Excellent communication between parents and teachers||This is a quick thank you note to say we love the new routines you are already establishing. Our daughter is adjusting better than we could have imagined. Thanks!|
Not only is texting your teacher a nice thing to do, but it can also help you maintain a positive relationship in the future.
You never know when you may need this teacher in the future (maybe for a while)letter of recommendation!)
Here is the complete list of short thank you ideas to write for your teacher.
Related article:Examples of feedback for teachers (from parents)
A list of thank you messages for teachers
1. Sweet and touching messages for student teachers
- Teacher, you always believed in me, even when I didn't. Thank you for helping me through this school year. I couldn't have done it without you.
- Teachers are our second parents, friends and confidants. Thank you for everything you've done for me this year. I hope we keep in touch for a long time.
- Your patience is second to none! I struggled a lot with some of the difficult parts of the course this year, but you stayed by my side and believed that I would make it in the end. Thanks!
- You are a real godsend! You have all the bestQualities of a good teacher. I couldn't have done it without you.
- What I loved most about having you as my teacher was that you made me laugh when I was sad and believed in myself when I was struggling.
Do you also need a gift for a teacher?
Check the priceim amazon.
I highly recommend this great stamp set. I love stamps! It's a great practical gift that I can use to illuminate my lessons.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- You've done everything you can to support me this year. Thank you for pushing me through obstacles, believing in my abilities and having the skills to get me where I needed to go.
- Hey! You may not have noticed, but you have been an inspiration to me throughout the school year. His passion for the subject influenced me and other students a lot! Thanks very much.
- Just some happy news for you today: you were born to be a teacher! His patience is endless and his passion is so evident. Thank you so much!
- You were so generous with your time when I was struggling with that final exam. Thank you and I hope this note reminds you how much you are appreciated.
Also Read: 31 Best Thank You Gifts for Your Teacher
- A teacher is a guide and a compass. You showed me the way to success and walked with me on the way. Yourhigh expectations of the lessonhelped give me confidence. Thank you for everything you have done.
- You had to juggle so much with our class, but we appreciate how hard you worked for us! Thank you for everything you have done.
- This is a quick note to let you know that you were the absolute best teacher I have ever had! You motivated and inspired me to do my best and your answers to my questions were always clear as day. Thanks very much!!!
- Your courses are so inspiring! I've never had a teacher like you and I'm so, so grateful for that every day!
- sometimes i go toclasses and I'm so boredand deflated. But when I go to his classes, I leave full of energy and enthusiasm. You are what a teacher should be - thanks for the motivation!
2. Thanks to the teacher at the end of the first week (from a student)
- Hello, it was great meeting you this week. I look forward to working with you now for the rest of the year. Until next week!
- Wow, school was so much fun! I'm really looking forward to learning from you for the rest of the year. You have been my favorite teacher so far!
- Thanks for a great first week of school. The course was very inspiring and I can't wait to see what's to come in the rest of the course. See you in class!
- Hey! This has been a very difficult week! Thank you for helping us make sense of everything this week and I can't wait to see what's to come in this course.
- I was so scared before I came to school that first week. Thank you for being so kind and making the first week so much fun.
- I can't believe the first week of school is over! It's already flying. Just wanted to send you a quick message to thank you for a great first week. I look forward to the rest of the year together!
Here's another gift idea for your teacher.
Check the priceim amazon.
A basket of "Thank you!" it's always a safe bet. Your teacher can share them with the other teachers, take them home to the family, or keep them for yourself on a rainy day!
- This first week was so busy and stressful but your guidance helped guide us. You have given me so much confidence that we will have a great leader to guide us in the coming months. I can't wait to see what's coming!
- A week later and I'm more inspired today than I was a week ago! I can thank you for that. I can't wait to see what's coming!
- Hey! Just a quick note to say I was impressed with our week 1 classes. You are obviously such a passionate and intelligent teacher. I can't wait to learn from you!
- I have never met a teacher like you. They talk to us like we're smart and capable of anything. It's a breath of fresh air and I can't wait to hear more from you!
3. Messages from parents to teachers
- I see the happy expression on my daughter's face every day when she leaves the classroom. As a parent I can't ask for anything more.
- Your high expectations of our son gave him the necessary self-confidence. Thank you for believing in him and knowing that with hard work and determination he can succeed.
- We know that dealing with our son is not easy, so we are very grateful that you were a firm and caring teacher towards him. It's been great learning from you over the past year and hearing you listen to us.
- We were delighted to learn that you would be our daughter's teacher. And you met all of our expectations. You are a miracle!
- Your constant and clear communication throughout the year has given us a lot of confidence in you and your abilities as a teacher. Thank you for reassuring us.
- Our son can't stop praising you and how exciting your classes are. You will remain in his heart for many years to come, I'm sure.
- You made unforgettable memories for our son! The creativity and enthusiasm you brought to your teaching was appreciated by both our son and us.
- It is remarkable to see the level of maturity our son has developed since you became his teacher. His good example and firm expectations really raised the bar for him.
- You made learning come alive for our son. She came home inspired and desperate to learn more every day. You were so amazing!
- All parents expect a kind, considerate and accepting teacher. You have it all! They've been incredibly supportive of us this year.
- You are an inspiration to our daughter and have shown her how much she can do with her life. She looks up to you so much and we couldn't be happier that she has such an amazing role model.
- You were there for us in difficult times. Thank you for everything you have done with your support this year.
- It is remarkable to see how much our daughter has grown academically and socially this year. They have created a classroom that is inclusive, caring and allows children to be who they are. We couldn't be more grateful to you!
- From the homework you sent home, we saw that you were aware of our son's needs and always wanted to encourage him to do better. You were great.
- Whenever we have approached you with special requests, you have made every effort to ensure that they are met. I know it wasn't easy for you, so thank you!
- We can truly say that you made every effort to meet our son and learn what he needed from you. Your special touch will not be forgotten!
4. Recognition as a university teacher at the end of the first year or semester (by a university student)
- The freshman year was so hard. It was a tremendous learning curve and your support made it possible. Thank you and I hope to be back in one of your courses!
- It was so hard to find a teacher who really explains things in a way that I can understand. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving me the confidence for the next semester.
- Your guidance and support during my freshman year at university was greatly appreciated. Thank you for everything you've done for me.
- Just wanted to send you a quick message to let you know that you've been a great source of support this semester. You explained so much to me that I was confused. Thank you so much!
- Wow, that was a tough semester! I just wanted to say thank you for teaching me and all the support you gave me when I was struggling with all the content. I'm looking forward to the next semester!
Say thank you with a personalized gift like this coaster!
Check the priceim amazon.
You can personalize this coaster with your teacher's name or an engraved thank you message. I think this is a great idea for a farewell gift for your teacher!
- I never thought you could learn so much by going to university! They broke it down into understandable information and were patient with us as we learned everything. Thank you for your time, energy and patience.
- I don't think you noticed, but you've been a big influence on me this year. You got me so excited and passionate about the rest of my graduation. Thanks very much!
- There have been times this year when I thought about giving up, but you gave me the confidence to move on. I'm so thankful you told me to hold on. See you next year!
4. Acknowledgments to the dissertation supervisor (of a university student)
- This dissertation was the hardest thing I've ever done, but with your guidance, I made it. Thanks!
- I can't believe we've reached the end! You have been by my side the whole time and I am incredibly grateful for that.
- When we started working together, I didn't have thatIdea how to do my diploma thesis. With your patience and support I made it. Thanks very much! I will never forget your kindness.
Gift idea for teachers? Here is a coffee gift pack.
Check the priceim amazon.
Many more people will receive the teachers' chocolates. Maybe opt for a coffee gift pack instead! We worked long days teaching, preparing lessons and correcting papers. Coffee keeps us moving!
- Your support and guidance during the dissertation process was not only helpful - you also awakened a new passion in me! It would have been impossible without you. Thanks!
- Writing a 15,000-word thesis seemed like an impossible task at first. They helped me break it down and see how manageable it was if I put my time and energy into it. Everything came together day after day and I am very happy with the result. Thank you for everything you have done for me!
- Writing so many words was like climbing the highest mountain!!! You walked next to me the whole time, gave me advice and tips. You showed me how to break it down into manageable chunks and used your deep knowledge to show me the way. Thanks very much!
5. Acknowledgments to the undergraduate professor
- I can't believe we're here today! That was the hardest thing I've ever done and you were there the whole time. Thank you for believing in me and showing me that I should believe in myself too!
- On graduation day, I want to take a moment to send a thank you note. I found this quote perfect for you today: "Teaching is the only profession that creates all other professions."
- I'm so glad you made it to my graduation. Having you there meant a lot to me. You were by my side the whole time and I learned a lot from you. Thanks very much!
Gift idea for teachers: wooden desk organizer!
Check the priceim amazon.
This wooden desk organizer can help your teacher store their stationery, notepads and stamps in style. I personally received this as a gift and thought it was a really cool idea. I have mine on my desk in class!
- I'm about to embark on my next adventure, but I can't leave without saying how helpful you were during my school days. You taught me so much which I will use in the future. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
- I've grown a lot during my time at university and you've been very helpful throughout. You patiently pushed me forward in my studies and always gave me great advice. Thank you and all the best for your future!
- I can't believe graduation day is here already! When we first met I had a lot to learn (I still do!). But you helped me and I'm so proud to be here today. I couldn't have done it without you. Thanks very much!
6. Thanks to Professor for special support
- I've been going through a really rough time the last few months and you've been so kind all the time. His friendly leadership and willingness to help meant a lot to me. Thanks! (P.S. I love yoursmeaningful comments from the newsletter at the end of the year).
- Her door is always open and that has changed me a lot in the last few months. Thank you for always being there for me. I hope this note is a little reminder of what a great teacher you are!
- When I came to you stressed and worried last week, you were so kind and helpful. Thank you for being someone I could approach and talk to with confidence.
- This is a small note to let you know how helpful you have been. You are a great teacher and I hope you know it! Thanks!
- I have needed special help over the past few weeks and you have really helped me. Thanks for the help. I will not forget your kindness.
- I didn't know who to ask for help when I had problems. I heard that you are a warm and kind teacher, so I came to you. I'm so glad I did. Thanks for everything you've done for me!
7. Inspirational and touching quotes for your thank you message to your teacher
- I read this quote and thought of you: "A good teacher, like a good artist, must first attract the attention of his audience, then he can impart his lesson." You are a true artist and a great teacher. Thank you for being awesome!
- Here's a quote that sums it up perfectly: "I like a teacher who, in addition to your homework, gives you something to think about to take home." I always leave her class and keep coming up with ideas!
- It's been a while since you were my teacher but I still remember you so well! I read this quote and you were the teacher that came to mind: “Anyone who remembers their own education remembers teachers, not methods and techniques. The teacher is the heart of the educational system”.
Or try these quotes:
- A quote for you today: "If you want to build a ship, don't gather people to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and jobs, but teach them to long for the endless expanse of the sea." Thank you for teaching me to look forward to adventure and a bright future and to become the best person I can be.
- I read this quote the other day: "A good teacher can inspire hope, inspire imagination, and inspire a love of learning." You gave me all three.
A thank you note to your teacher can brighten their day. Consider writing a briefinghandwritten noteand a box of chocolates to accompany it. This will help your teacher to remember and appreciate you as a sweet and caring student!
Chris Drew (PhD)
Website |+ News
DR. Chris Drew is the founder of Helpful Teacher. He holds a PhD in Education and has published over 20 articles in academic journals. He is the former editor of the Journal of Learning Development in Higher Education.
Thank You Message for Teachers from Parents
“Thank you for being a teacher who works with passion and dedication for the future of our child.” “On the occasion of Teachers Day, we thank you for being the most inspiring teacher.” “For all the effort, energy and time you give to your students, we are thankful to you.
My gratitude to you for all you have done, which I will never forget. I truly appreciate you and your time you spent helping me in many occasions. Thank you very much for the course. I enjoyed every minute of your lecture as well as your marvelous sense of humor.How do you say thank you meaningfully in text? ›
- I appreciate your help.
- I am grateful for your help.
- I am so very grateful for your time.
- I greatly appreciate your help.
- Thank you for such a wonderful contribution.
- Thank you for taking the time.
- Thank you for taking the trouble to help me.
- Thank you for all the help!
- Thank you. ...
- We appreciate you. ...
- Your sacrifices don't go unnoticed. ...
- You made this easy to understand. ...
- My child wants to learn more about this. ...
- You truly care about your students. ...
- You're making a huge impact. ...
- I wouldn't be where I am without you.
- “You're the best.”
- “I'm humbled and grateful.”
- “You knocked me off my feet!”
- “My heart is still smiling.”
- “Your thoughtfulness is a gift I will always treasure.”
- “Sometimes the simplest things mean the most.”
- “The banana bread was fabulous. You made my day.”
- “I'm touched beyond words.”
- I appreciate you!
- You are the best.
- I appreciate your help so much.
- I wanted to thank you for your help.
- I value the help you've given me.
- I am so thankful for you in my life.
- Thanks for the support.
- Thanks for all you do.